Daystar installs all new components (CPU and cache).
The final speed is dependent on the current speed of your system.
- The PowerBook G4 800-1000 MHz is upgraded to 1.33 GHz in speed
- The PowerBook G4 550-667 MHz is upgraded to 1.25 GHz in speed
- The PowerBook G4 400-500 MHz is upgraded to 550 MHz in speed
Wondering if an upgrade is right for your system?
- The Titanium is an excellent computer. It can boot into OS9 (the MacBook/Pro doesn't even support classic) and has the expandability of the latest Apple offerings.
- Extend the life of your PowerBook G4. The Fast G4 CPU delivers new life to your aging Titanium. It extends the useful life for another couple of years. Great for work, home or school.
- Wait for the next great Apple jump before buying new. Apple's MacBook Pro is just getting started. It will improve in time. In short, why buy a new MacBook Pro today when better versions are coming soon?
Installation, testing, shipping, and worries are handled! No Hidden Costs! No Hidden Problems! All you have to do is order, then put your PowerBook in the provided shipping container - we do the rest... in 48 hours. All shipping of the unit itself is included. All labor and parts are also included. Unlike competitive upgrade processes, we do it all - factory direct! That means we upgrade your logic board. You don't get someone else's old components.
Problem System? No Problem! Daystar is an Apple Authorized Service Provider! If your system is having problems, needs a new screen, new parts, or just a full end-to-end cleaning, Daystar's Apple Certified professionals can handle the task. Just include your service request on the system checklist when you ship your Titanium. Daystar will provide a full estimate on repairing or refurbishing your system before upgrading.
Week-ender program for nearly zero down-time! Much like Daystar's original Mac IIcx upgrade program, we offer the Titanium "Week-ender". This program includes overnight shipping of your PowerBook (USA only), and 12 hour conversion of your system. So, you ship your system on Thursday, then start working at G4 speeds Monday! Yes, it is extra, but if downtime is an issue, this is your answer.